The responsible party within the meaning of the data protection laws, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO), is:
Phone: +41 31 544 35 91
In cooperation with our hosting providers, we make every effort to protect the databases as well as possible against unauthorized access, loss, misuse or falsification.
We would like to point out that data transmission on the Internet (e.g. communication by e-mail) can have security gaps. Complete protection of the data against access by third parties is not possible.
By using this website, you consent to the collection, processing and use of data as described below. In principle, this website can be visited without registration. In the process, data such as accessed pages or names of the accessed file, date and time are stored on the server for statistical purposes without this data being directly related to your person. Personal data, in particular name, address or e-mail address are collected as far as possible on a voluntary basis. The data will not be passed on to third parties without your consent.
Processing of personal data
Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable person. A data subject is a person about whom personal data is processed. Processing includes any handling of personal data, regardless of the means and procedures used, in particular the storage, disclosure, acquisition, deletion, storage, modification, destruction and use of personal data.
We process personal data in accordance with Swiss data protection law. In addition, we process – to the extent and insofar as the EU GDPR is applicable – personal data in accordance with the following legal bases in connection with Art. 6 para. 1 GDPR:
- Consent (Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. a. DSGVO) – The data subject has given his/her consent to the processing of personal data concerning him/her for a specific purpose or purposes.
- Contract performance and pre-contractual requests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b. DSGVO) – Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or for the performance of pre-contractual measures taken at the data subject’s request.
- Legal obligation (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. c. DSGVO) – Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
- Protection of vital interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. d. DSGVO) – Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person.
- Legitimate interests (Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO) – Processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party, unless such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require the protection of personal data.
- Application procedure as a pre-contractual or contractual relationship (Art. 9 (2) (b) GDPR) – Insofar as special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 (2) (b ) GDPR are collected during the application procedure. 1 GDPR (e.g. health data, such as severely disabled status or ethnic origin) are requested from applicants in order for the data controller or the data subject to exercise the rights arising from labor law and social security and social protection law and to comply with his or her obligations in this regard, their processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 9 (1) GDPR. 2 lit. b. DSGVO, in the case of the protection of vital interests of the applicants or other persons pursuant to. Art. 9 par. 2 lit. c. GDPR or for the purposes of preventive health care or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the employee’s fitness for work, for medical diagnostics, care or treatment in the health or social sector or for the management of systems and services in the health or social sector pursuant to. Art. 9 par. 2 lit. h. GDPR. In the case of a communication of special categories of data based on voluntary consent, their processing is carried out on the basis of Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a. GDPR.
We process personal data for the duration required for the respective purpose or purposes. In the case of longer-term storage obligations due to legal and other obligations to which we are subject, we restrict processing accordingly.
Relevant legal bases
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of protection appropriate to the risk, in accordance with the legal requirements, taking into account the state of the art, the implementation costs and the nature, scope, circumstances and purposes of the processing, as well as the different probabilities of occurrence and the extent of the threat to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
The measures include, in particular, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data by controlling physical and electronic access to the data as well as access to, input of, disclosure of, assurance of availability of and segregation of the data. Furthermore, we have established procedures to ensure the exercise of data subject rights, the deletion of data, and responses to data compromise. Furthermore, we already take the protection of personal data into account during the development or selection of hardware, software and processes in accordance with the principle of data protection, through technology design and through data protection-friendly default settings.
Transmission of personal data
In the course of our processing of personal data, the data may be transferred to or disclosed to other entities, companies, legally independent organizational units or persons. The recipients of this data may include, for example, service providers commissioned with IT tasks or providers of services and content that are integrated into a website. In such cases, we comply with the legal requirements and, in particular, conclude appropriate contracts or agreements that serve to protect your data with the recipients of your data.
Data processing in third countries
If we process data in a third country (i.e., outside the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA)) or the processing takes place in the context of the use of third-party services or the disclosure or transfer of data to other persons, entities or companies, this will only be done in accordance with the legal requirements.
Subject to express consent or contractually or legally required transfer, we process the data only in third countries with a recognized level of data protection, contractual obligation by so-called standard protection clauses of the EU Commission, in the presence of certifications or binding internal data protection regulations (Art. 44 to 49 GDPR, EU Commission information page: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection_de).
The following cookie types and functions are distinguished:
- Temporary cookies (also: session cookies): Temporary cookies are deleted at the latest after a user has left an online offer and closed his browser.
- Permanent cookies: Permanent cookies remain stored even after the browser is closed. For example, login status can be saved or preferred content can be displayed directly when the user revisits a website. Likewise, the interests of users used for reach measurement or marketing purposes may be stored in such a cookie.
- First-party cookies: First-party cookies are set by us.
- Third-party cookies (also: third-party cookies): Third-party cookies are mainly used by advertisers (so-called third parties) to process user information.
- Necessary (also: essential or absolutely necessary) cookies: Cookies may be absolutely necessary for the operation of a website (e.g. to store logins or other user input or for security reasons).
Storage period: If we do not provide you with explicit information on the storage period of permanent cookies (e.g. in the context of a so-called cookie opt-in), please assume that the storage period can be up to two years.
- Types of data processed: Usage data (e.g. web pages visited, interest in content, access times), meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
- Data subjects: Users (e.g., website visitors, users of online services).
- Legal basis: Consent (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a. DSGVO), Legitimate Interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO).
This website uses SSL/TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as the inquiries you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the browser address bar changes from “http://” to “https://” and by the lock symbol in your browser bar.
If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
The provider of this website automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. These are:
- Browser type and version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
This data cannot be assigned to specific persons. This data is not merged with other data sources. We reserve the right to check this data retrospectively if we become aware of specific indications of unlawful use.
Third party services
This website may use Google Maps for embedding maps, Google Invisible reCAPTCHA for protection against bots and spam, and YouTube for embedding videos.
These services of the American Google LLC use, among other things, cookies and, as a result, data is transferred to Google in the USA, although we assume that no personal tracking takes place in this context solely through the use of our website.
Google has committed to ensuring adequate data protection in accordance with the U.S.-European and U.S.-Swiss Privacy Shields.
If you send us inquiries via the contact form, the information you provide in the inquiry form, including the contact data you enter there, will be stored by us for the purpose of processing the inquiry and in case of follow-up questions. We do not share this data without your consent.
For the comment function on this website, in addition to your comment, details of when the comment was created, your e-mail address and, if you do not post anonymously, the username you have chosen will be stored.
Storage of the IP address
Our comment function stores the IP addresses of users who post comments. Since we do not check comments on our site before they are activated, we need this data in order to be able to take action against the author in the event of legal violations such as insults or propaganda.
Subscribe to comments
As a user of the site, you can subscribe to comments after registering. You will receive a confirmation email to verify that you are the owner of the email address provided. You can unsubscribe from this function at any time via a link in the info mails.
Rights of data subjects
Right to confirmation
Every data subject has the right to obtain confirmation from the operator of the website as to whether personal data concerning him or her are being processed. If you would like to exercise this right of confirmation, you can contact the data protection officer at any time.
Right to information
Any person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to obtain from the operator of this website, at any time and free of charge, information about the personal data stored about him or her and a copy of this information. In addition, the following information may be provided, if applicable:
- the processing purposes
- the categories of personal data that are processed
- the recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed
- if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration
- the existence of a right to obtain the rectification or erasure of personal data concerning him or her, or the restriction of processing by the controller, or a right to object to such processing
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority
- if the personal data are not collected from the data subject: All available information about the origin of the data
Furthermore, the data subject has a right to information as to whether personal data has been transferred to a third country or to an international organization. If this is the case, the data subject also has the right to obtain information about the appropriate safeguards in connection with the transfer.
If you would like to exercise this right to information, you can contact our data protection officer at any time.
Right to rectification
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right to obtain the rectification without delay of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Furthermore, the data subject has the right, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to request the completion of incomplete personal data – also by means of a supplementary declaration.
If you wish to exercise this right of correction, you can contact our data protection officer at any time.
Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right to obtain from the controller of this website the immediate erasure of personal data concerning him or her, where one of the following reasons applies and insofar as the processing is not necessary:
- The personal data were collected or otherwise processed for purposes for which they are no longer necessary
- The data subject withdraws the consent on which the processing was based and there is no other legal basis for the processing
- The data subject objects to the processing on grounds relating to his or her particular situation and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing in the case of direct marketing and related profiling
- The personal data have been processed unlawfully
- The deletion of the personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation under Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject
- The personal data was collected in relation to information society services offered, made directly to a child
If one of the above reasons applies and you wish to arrange for the deletion of personal data stored by the operator of this website, you can contact our data protection officer at any time. The data protection officer of this website will arrange for the deletion request to be complied with immediately.
Right to restriction of processing
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right to obtain from the controller of this website the restriction of the processing if one of the following conditions is met:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data
- The processing is unlawful, the data subject objects to the erasure of the personal data and requests instead the restriction of the use of the personal data
- The controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing, but the data subject needs it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- The data subject has objected to the processing on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, and it is not yet clear whether the legitimate interests of the controller override those of the data subject.
If one of the above conditions is met, you can request the restriction of personal data stored by the operator of this website at any time by contacting our data protection officer. The data protection officer of this website will arrange the restriction of the processing.
Right to data portability
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. He/she also has the right to have this data transferred to another data controller if the legal requirements are met.
Furthermore, the data subject has the right to obtain that the personal data be transferred directly from one controller to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible and provided that this does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other persons.
To assert the right to data portability, you can contact the data protection officer appointed by the operator of this website at any time.
Right to object
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him or her.
The operator of this website shall no longer process the personal data in the event of the objection, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or if the processing serves the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims.
To exercise the right to object, you can contact the data protection officer of this website directly.
Right to revoke consent under data protection law
Every person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to revoke a given consent to the processing of personal data at any time.
If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw consent, you can contact our data protection officer at any time.
The use of contact data published within the scope of the imprint obligation for the transmission of not expressly requested advertising and information materials is hereby contradicted. The operators of the pages expressly reserve the right to take legal action in the event of the unsolicited sending of advertising information, such as spam e-mails.
Use of Google reCAPTCHA
We use “Google reCAPTCHA” (hereinafter “reCAPTCHA”) on our websites. The provider is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, hereinafter “Google”. The purpose of reCAPTCHA is to verify whether data entry on our websites (e.g. in a contact form) is made by a human or by an automated program. For this purpose, reCAPTCHA analyzes the behavior of the website visitor based on various characteristics. This analysis starts automatically as soon as the website visitor enters the website. For analysis, reCAPTCHA evaluates various information (e.g. IP address, time spent by the website visitor on the website or mouse movements made by the user). The data collected during the analysis is forwarded to Google. The reCAPTCHA analyses run completely in the background. Website visitors are not made aware that an analysis is taking place.
Use of Matomo
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is stored on a server in Germany.
The IP address is anonymized immediately after processing and before it is stored. You have the option to prevent the installation of cookies by changing the settings of your browser software. We would like to point out that not all functions of this website may be available if the corresponding setting is made.
You can decide whether a unique web analytics cookie may be placed in your browser to enable the website operator to collect and analyze various statistical data.
We use the marketing services of the social network LinkedIn of LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland (“LinkedIn”) within our online offer.
This includes, for example, information about the operating system, the browser, the website you previously visited (referrer URL), which websites the user visited, which offers the user clicked on, and the date and time of your visit to our website.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is transferred pseudonymously to a LinkedIn server in the USA and stored there. LinkedIn therefore does not store the name or email address of the respective user. Rather, the above data is only assigned to the person for whom the cookie was generated. This does not apply if the user has allowed LinkedIn to process without pseudonymization or has a LinkedIn account.
We use LinkedIn Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. All LinkedIn companies have adopted the standard contractual clauses to ensure that the traffic to the U.S. and Singapore necessary for the development, operation, and maintenance of the Services occurs in a lawful manner. If we ask users for consent, the legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. Otherwise, the legal basis for the use of LinkedIn Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Functions of the service “YouTube” are integrated on this website. “YouTube” is owned by Google Ireland Limited, a company incorporated and operated under the laws of Ireland, with its registered office at Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, which operates the Services in the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
Note on data transfer to the USA
Among other things, tools from companies based in the USA are integrated on our website. When these tools are active, your personal data may be transferred to the US servers of the respective companies. We would like to point out that the USA is not a safe third country in the sense of EU data protection law. U.S. companies are obliged to hand over personal data to security authorities without you, as the data subject, being able to take legal action against this. It can therefore not be ruled out that US authorities (e.g. intelligence services) process, evaluate and permanently store your data located on US servers for surveillance purposes. We have no influence on these processing activities.
The copyright and all other rights to the content, images, photos or other files on the website belong exclusively to the operator of this website or the specifically named rights holders. For the reproduction of all files, the written consent of the copyright holder must be obtained in advance.
Anyone who commits a copyright infringement without the consent of the respective rights holder may be liable to prosecution and at most to damages.
All information on our website has been carefully checked. We make every effort to ensure that the information we provide is up-to-date, correct and complete. Nevertheless, the occurrence of errors cannot be completely ruled out, which means that we cannot guarantee the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of information, including journalistic and editorial information. Liability claims regarding damage caused by the use of any information provided, including any kind of information which is incomplete or incorrect, will therefore be rejected.
The publisher may change or delete texts at his own discretion and without notice and is not obliged to update any contents of this website. Use of or access to this website is at the visitor’s own risk. The publisher, its principals or partners are not responsible for any damages, such as direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages, alleged to have been caused by the visit of this website and consequently assume no liability for such damages.
The publisher also assumes no responsibility or liability for the content and availability of third-party websites that can be accessed via external links from this website. The operators of the linked pages are solely responsible for their content. The publisher thus expressly distances itself from all third-party content that may be relevant under criminal or liability law or that may offend common decency.
Questions for the data protection officer