Project manager – EMC certification
A high-performance pulse machine is a major source of electromagnetic interference (40 GA / s and 30 TV / s). For a laboratory application, this had to meet the requirements for EMC in an industrial environment. In addition, the internal control, the safety control, must not be influenced by the faults.
To achieve this, I have consistently placed on optical sensors in high expose areas. I also adjusted the shielding. The individual steps were checked by internal emission measurements and then the final measurements were accompanied in a certified laboratory.
Despite the provisions I selected, the machine was easy and safe for the user to use.
Objectives and key figures
- The machine met EN 61326-1
- No EMC-induced emergency stops of the control
- Boundary conditions (dimension, costs) met
- General rules for lower development costs for subsequent machines set
- Devices for internal emission measurements evaluated and procured
October 2011 – November 2012
Budget 100’000 CHF
Cooperation with two employees
Mechanical engineering and electrical industry