Project manager – Flexible high-voltage generator
A flexible high-voltage pulse generator in combination with a continuously operating conveyor system was necessary for the process development in selective material fragmentation.
The generator had to be adjustable independently in the following parameters: voltage, energy per pulse and inductance. That is why I designed the generator so that voltages (40kV – 200kV), capacitance (2.5nF – 75nF) and number of stages (2 – 4) could be selected via the control.
I also created and implemented a new concept for conveying the materials to be treated, a metallic conveyor belt as a counter electrode.
Objectives and key figures
- Plant is the basis of over 50 new customer processes
- Prototype after two changes in production
- Commissioning after seven months
- Deviation from the budget less than 20%
- Independent project team working
- Efficient Skype meetings with external partners
- Design phase shortened through simulations
- Generator parameters can be reconfigured in 15 seconds via the control
- Increase in process efficiency by a conveyor system
- Two patents pending
March 2011 – November 2011
Budget 400’000 CHF
Six team members
Mechanical engineering and electrical industry