Strategic roadmap for development
The aim of this technical roadmap was to show different possible ways of technical development for the next five years.
I first identified and categorized the technical development areas in relation to the current company strategy. Using a multi-stage stage-gate principle, I have defined measurable goals (gates) for each category. Then I estimated the time, human and financial resources for achieving the goal (stages). All information was visualized in an MS project. I discussed various scenarios from the roadmap with the management.
Objectives and key figures
- 40 projects created in six development areas
- 160 measurable goals (gates) defined
- Estimated schedule, cost, and work for 160 goals
- 18 of 40 projects were implemented
- Correct duration for 80% of implemented projects
- Costs correct in 70% of implemented projects
- Planning created in MS Project
September 2015 – February 2016
Budget 7’000 CHF
Cooperation with four employees
Mechanical engineering and electrical industry